Never done this before. It's sort of a reversal on those "see how much you know about me" forwards but cooler and more grown up. =) Maybe. Definitely more blog-ish. You and I have Jen to thank for it.
Here are the rules...
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Seven more and lesser known facts from the world o' Rae.
1. I am a pretty mild dresser, nothing too trendy, nothing too formal...and you'll never find me in a t-shirt unless I'm doing a work-out. I like to have a bit of fun with my socks. Under my work khakis on Friday you would have found pink hello kitty socks. And I was thrilled to receive a recent gift of Airedale socks from Sheila. My first pair of 'golfing only' socks had hot pink pom-poms on the back of the heel. My dresser drawer might as well have a sign that says "Boring socks keep out!"
2. Andrew surprised me a few years ago on my birthday with an easel, canvases, and arcylic paint. I've recently been dabbling in it mostly for fun. It's much more challenging than drawing! Eventually, with time and patience...I might be happy enough with something to share. But for now, I'm just saving my yogurt cups to dip my brushes in and dragging my sleeves (accidentally) in the paint and just having fun.
3. I'd much rather be a passenger than a driver. Luckily, so far Andrew doesn't seem to mind.
4. Despite the fact that I have lived and enjoyed being in the city for all of my adult life, I still have quite a few 'country girl' moments. You know what they say 'bout that.
5. Ever seen the Seinfield episode The Label Maker? In a subplot theme, George reveals his love for velvet...
George and his girlfriend, Bonnie, are entering her apartment.
Bonnie: Well, here we are. This is the place.
Bonnie: Do you like it?
George: I love it! This is fantastic! Look at this couch, is this velvet?!
Bonnie: Are you a velvet fan?
George: A fan? I would drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable.
What does this have to do with my me-me? Well, I've never quite outgrown the love small children have for those blankets with silk edges. For the majority of my life I've had silk pillow cases. Not that I'm especially fussy, must-have-all-the-luxuries sort of person but nothing feels quite so nice as a little bit of silk against your skin.
Could I drape myself in it? Now there's a thought.
6. I'm afraid I have a bit of the familial pack-rat trait. It's hard to just throw things away or goodwill them once they've outgrown their usefulness. But I'm getting better, really!
7. Being in you late 20s is a weird stage in life for me. While I spent my early 20s getting my college education and career squared away, I'm now trying to focus more on me while looking a bit ahead in life and figuring out what I want out of it. And it's surprising how distracted I can get!
Ok! Now it's your turn.... Here's who I'm tagging:
Drea Since she's suffering from blogger-block but otherwise rocks my world.
Bree So she has something to do on a slow 911 nite. =)
Kimi Cause Sophie told me to!
Cheryl Because even though we live in the same city, I just don't see her enough.
Tania I'm sure she's holding out some new nifty crafty projects she hasn't gotten around to blogging about yet...
Jaime Even though I don't know her in real life, this sassy mama always has something interesting to say!
Shoot I don't know any boy bloggers or a 7th blogger I can bother for a me-me! =) If you lurk and have a blog, de-lurk and me-me yourself--but leave a comment so I can come say hi!