My old college friend and dorm-mate Tania tagged me...I think I neglected to do *anything* the last time she tagged me for something, so I shall try to improve my blog-manners by playing nicely this time.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.
And without further ado, here's a little look-see into me.
1. Thursday nights when Andrew's at aikido I've been known to watch Ugly Betty. I find the show charming in an undeniably cheesy way. It's reassuring to see all manner of problems resolved within 30 minutes and how Betty's unrelenting idealism is usually still alive and kicking at the end despite the antics of her conniving co-workers.
2. Having grown up with an artist mother and being exposed to all kinds of arts and philosophies about design from a young age, it's kind of pathetic that my blog is still a boring ol' blogger format. I'm generally very particular about how things look (the applies to everything from making cards for someone's birthday, to the style of handwriting I use, to cutting the ends of tape I use on a patient's dressing so it looks neat-n-clean--obsessive, no?) but...somehow that quirk hasn't managed to manifest in what you see here. Maybe someday I'll get with the program and take advantage of hubby's skills to provider you all with bloggity-bling-bling goodness.
3. I've never owned an I-pod, and we only recently became a 2 cellphone household within the past 3 months.
4. As a true child of the 80s, I developed a temporary fixation on (drum roll please) a Miss Piggy doll given to me by a great aunt. Apparently I dragged that thing everywhere for a couple of years. I recall that she (Miss Piggy, not the great aunt) wore some sort of purply-lacey affair and when the doll was undressed, her cloth body was permanently adorned in a purple bassierre and panty set. And let's not forget she had astronomical bazoombas. She undoubtedly had Barbie beat in that department. Luckily there are not very many photos that capture the evidence of my sordid past.
5. I tried down-hill skiing for the first time in my life on New Year's Day...my mom, Andrew, and I went to Leavenworth's Skill Hill area and braved the rope tows. I surprised myself and did pretty well, only falling 4 times and making it to the intermediate hill eventually. What was probably more surprising was my mom (who hasn't skiied in 20+ years) clearly has still 'got it!' and appeared to be quite the pro. I should eventually get around to posting some pics on my flickr site.
6. I've never gone to the naked spa which many of my co-workers just rave about (ladies only, nothing kinky here!)...but a dip in a warm mineral bath, body scrub, massage sounds great! As soon as I relinquish my fears about public nudity, count me in. =)
Ok show-in-tell is officially over! Now it's time for me to tag a few of you unsuspecting, poor souls. Let's see here, how about...
1) Bree (my little sister and possibly most disgruntled child-hood tag partner)
4) Cheryl whose blog is newly resurrected! Yeay!